Sunday, February 1, 2009

Training Update

So it has been a long while since my last entry where I was doing pretty much nothing for my training. I have entered my preparation stage of training and it is feeling great! I have been swimming with Stowe Masters (www.theswimminghole.com) three mornings/week. Yes, the 5:00am wake-up call is tough but it has become habit once again. The running has been steady and then sporadic but will become steady again. Awesome news: I have been waking up every morning with less pain in my feet. I have become a believer in acupuncture and just finished a month long session of bikram yoga (www.bikramyogastowe.com) that has helped loosen everything up. Cycling-not so much, but not a worry because getting on my bike is never a problem once all the snow disappears.
Athletic accomplishment: I finished a 25k cross-country ski yesterday. I participated in the Craftsbury Marathon. It was a great physical challenge for me and made me appreciate running a litter more. That's all for now. By my next post I hope to be doing long runs of 10-16 miles!

No comments: