Sunday, August 16, 2009

HARD Training Week

This past week of training was labeled as "HARD" in my training program. It actually turned out to be hard and great at the same time. The chunk of the week was very similar to the other weeks with tempo work on the bike and run. This week was a 6-7 hour ride followed by a T-run and a 2-hour run on Sunday.
I decided that if I was going to go that far I would go somewhere beautiful. I left from Elmore at 7AM and ended up to Lake Willoughby. From Willoughby I ended down a beautiful country rode and then down route 16 to Hardwick. If anyone is looking for a smooth rode with a nice shoulder check out Route 16, it was awesome! The ride ended up taking around 6.5 hours and was somewhere around 100 miles. I am unsure of this info because my Garmin died in the middle of the ride. I am trying to embrace all of this available technology but forget about the little things like make sure my battery is charged! I finished feeling strong and ended out for my run. Again, no watch but I was out anywhere from 40-45 minutes.
This morning I headed into Stowe to get in a 2-hour run. I had a freshly charged Garmin and ended up running for 2.05 and completed 11.5 miles. Slow, long run!
The best part of this training week is that it is finally hot! Around 85-90 degrees and I trained through it. I can now say I am prepared for the cold, rain, wind or heat!
Next week is also labeled as "HARD". Can't wait :)

1 comment:

Kristin Bradfield said...

Sounds like a big week. We're in the home stretch now!