Thursday, December 31, 2009

2 Days in a Row!

This week marked my return to the pool! I got to Masters swimming 2 days in a row. It is hard to believe what a toll 2 months off can do to your body. Out of the three sports in triathlon, swimming always seems to be the toughest to return to. And this is coming from someone who has swam since 4 years of age. I now know why we swam year round with only 2 weeks off in between sessions. So once I dragged my butt out of bed in negative degree weather and got in the pool I felt I was back where I belonged. It was hard, my body could feel the months of inactivity, but mentally I was sky high. I love to move my body and the off-season sometimes puts you in a routine where you can forget how great it is to be fit and fast. I got that feeling back, so I know now I will be safe for this upcoming year of training! The motivation is back :)
As for the training season, official IM training does not begin until March. So up to then I am just going to focus on my running, swimming, strength training and weight maintenance. It is so good to get the off season over with and back to training.

No comments: