Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello Blogging World!

I have seem to have fallen off the blogging planet world. Life has been a whirlwind since the end of the summer. As a quick wrap up I finished IM Louisville, did not accomplish any time goals but was completely satisfied with just finishing under the conditions. For those of you not aware the temp was close to 100 all day. Luke and I got married in September and at the same time I started a new job. The wedding was amazing and the new job was a welcome surprise. I am now working as a Rehab Assistant for a chiropractor and will be running his Lifestyle Education program! It is great because I really get to work one-on-one with patients and help them make positive, healthy changes. The downside is the decrease in pay and the long commute.
Now on to the future and what I will be working on for this year.

1. I want to consistently update my blog as this really helps me keep on track with goal setting and motivation.

2. It's all about IM Lake Placid. This year Lake Placid falls on my 30th birthday and I am ready to finally push myself at this distance. I no longer just want to finish and really want to work on giving it all I got. How to do this, focused run training and weight loss.

3. Improve body composition. I know what my ideal racing weight is and I know what it will take to get there. I would like to be at this by mid-march. Considering I am running a weight loss-like program at work and have access to body comp testing I have no excuses.

4. Run fast! I will be run focused until mid-march where then I will start the cycling. Problem: I need to avoid the pool. We have a great swimming community here but I know that when I am in there swimming I really should be on the road running.

So it sounds pretty simple, get faster at runner! My schedule will be light this year again so I can really focus on training.

Hyannis Half-marathon: February 27th

Spring Fling 10k: March 26th

Race Vermont 1/2 marathon: May 14th

June 25th: Tupper Lake Tinman 1/2 Ironman

July 17th: Vermont Sun Spring (using as a quick speed tune-up before Lake Placid)

July 24th: Ironman Lake Placid

August 28th: Branbury Classic Try (Olympic)

September 25th: Vermont 50 (see how well IM recovery goes!)



The big races are official and I may move some of the Sprint distances and road races around to try to accommodate qualifying of age group nationals which are being held in Burlington this summer. I haven't had time yet to figure out the race qualifiers. As for now this week's focus is 4 days of running with 2 days of strength/core training.

1 comment:

Kristin Bradfield said...

Welcome back! I did the Hyannis half two years ago, such a fun race and great way to start out the season. I'm also on that body comp/race weight mission so looking forward to hearing about your progress!