Thursday, November 12, 2009

2010 Season

Sadly, I will not be doing an Ironman this season. It has been so tempting to sign up for one but it is not financially responsible. My main focus will be saving and planning for our wedding but of course I still want to keep training and racing. All of the races will be local and in the Northeast. I also want to only do a few races so that I can really train! I always get sucked in to doing sprints every weekend and it ends up cutting out a lot of my training time. I am getting really excited for the upcoming season and training is becoming natural again.

Focus #1 (December-March)
March 28, 2010

Ocean Drive Marathon, Cape May, NJ: I love this race. It is so laid back, affordable and keeps me training through the winter. I will run, ski, and lift this winter!
http://www.odmarathon.com/

Focus #2 (March-June)
Get on the Bike!!!
June 26th: RaceVermont 1/2 (First time this race is being held)
(will get in a sprint also but main focus is the 1/2

July: 10 mile open swim (Kingdom Swim) I just had to throw that in there. Hopefully I will train for it. It will be fun regardless.

Focus #3 (June-August)
Speed.
I want to break 2:30 in the Olympic Distance at the Vermont Sun
August 8th, 2010

And if I can pull it off, finish with the Vermont Sun 1/2.
http://www.rushtonsports.com/

Focus #4 (September)
Get married, mountain bike, and play!

I think this season will be a great time to really lay an awesome solid foundation. I am also hoping to do some tri training events locally. More on that later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homeopathic medication is often a normal type of therapeutic!
[url=http://www.homeopathicdoctors.org/]homeopathic kits[/url]