Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Running Strong

Week #2--Another great week of IM training under my belt. I competed in a half-marathon this weekend for my long run training. I was hoping to hold 10-minute miles and I did. I completed the run in 2 hours and 6 minutes, felt strong the whole way and was not very sore the next day www.runvermont.org .
With the weather being rainy and cold, biking was very difficult. I only rode 1x last week so my goal this week is to get out on the bike. I'm off to a great start as I got out for a 2.5 hour ride yesterday. I also competed in a small swim meet at the Swimming Hole last Friday. Boy, do I not miss pool racing. I arrived 2 minutes prior to my 1st event (time confusion). Each race felt worse than the one before. I never warmed up and got into that racing mode. Not a big deal considering I was preping for the 1/2 the next morning. Just a fun week of racing and training.

No comments: