Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week #1, ASICS and Noni Juice


Week #1 of Ironman training is officially history. Although this base period is pretty much what I have been doing all during the winter it was nice to get into logging the workouts and holding myself more accountable. Highlight of the week was definitely during my bike workout where I had a moose sighting. Spring has officially arrived with rain/snow showers everyday so my long 2-hour ride was completed on the spin cycle.

I got sucked into the hype of PowerJuices. Specifically, Noni Juice. Noni is an adaptogenic herbal tonic, which means it works throughout the body to invigorate and strengthen the system. Native to the Pacific Islands, Asia, and Australia, the Noni plant is rich in health-promoting phytochemicals including antioxidants and bioflavonoids. Noni has been known to provide various health benefits, including supporting immune function. I am mostly just taking it as a preventative thing. So far, so good.

I also purchase new shoes. My other Asics have been feeling kind of hard lately and I have now moved on to the Gel Nimbus. I have tried the Nimbus before and did not get a "yes, this was worth $120". But yesterday, I got that feeling. Especially when I jumped on the treadmill after spin class. They feel amazing. I can not wait to get out and run long in them. Let's hope they keep that feeling going.
Up for this week: The Swimming Hole Masters Swim Meeting, Vermont Unplugged 1/2 (weather dependant).

No comments: