Sunday, April 26, 2009

Accomplished

I am feeling so accomplished after a great week of training. Up until now I have been training solidly but have missed a workout here and there. This week I hit every key workout that I needed to do. And when something came up where I had to miss my hard run day (Thursday); I made sure to get it in on Friday. I have been motivated and looking forward to each workout. This Saturday was my first long ride of the season (3 1/2 hours). Luke and I head to do the Notch Loop. The notch is a road that runs through Mt. Mansfield. I am unsure of the exact grade but it is steep, very, very, steep.
So steep that the road was still covered in snow on some parts. The great part was that the road was still closed to traffic and we had the place all to ourselves. I really could feel the hill on the rest of the ride. My legs are still not as strong as they need to be and Luke pulled me through the headwind all the way home. I also tried Gatorade Rain which is awful. There must be nutri-sweet or some awful sugar in it that did not sit right with me. Today (Sunday), I got out and ran of 90-minutes. Feeling strong until the last 10-15 minutes. I am ok with the fact that I am feeling tired, I expect it at this time of the year. It is so exciting to be able to get all these workouts in outdoors. I was definitely not at this place last year in my training. This upcoming week will also be pretty intense with my first track workout on Thursday. I am steadily losing weight which is great and helping with the running. The feet are feeling pretty good and I have no complaints in that department.
I was talking in my sleep the other night about massages so I think I may be treating myself to a Patty massage soon!

No comments: