Monday, May 18, 2009

Tough Weekend

I am feeling very accomplished after one of the 1st challenging weeks of training. I hit all the key workouts during the week including another Wednesday TT. This weekend was a 4-hour ride which I did by myself (always so much harder) on a very hilly course followed by a 20-min T run. I only ran about 15 minutes but my legs felt good. On Sunday I ran a long run of 90-minutes and felt great. The first solo long ride is always a good wake up call that you have to put the time in on the bike alone. Drafting isn't happening in the IM so I better start training that way.

This week is very similar to last week with a slightly longer bike and run (only by a few minutes). I also will have a challenging TT and track workout this week. I was planning on running a 1/2 marathon this weekend but decided to opt out so I can really get in my long workouts.

No comments: