Friday, June 5, 2009

Fitting it all in!

When I started my IM training I thought that it would take a lot of motivation and drive to keep myself from missing my workouts. Lately it seems that I am having trouble knowing what to cut out and keep in. For instance, this Sunday I will be racing in the Swimming Hole Tri. It is a local race with the swim being held in the pool. It is not something I am training for but I still want to do good. In my mind, I am planning a long run on Sat and a long ride on Sunday, knowing that this will probably not be the best for my body. I also want to be able to compete in all of the time trials and the fun Elmore Tri's. Again, knowing that I need to tell myself to just pick one. And it would be nice to get a full day off. But for now, my motivation is high and my body is feeling really good.
Wednesday was a new TT on Country Road in Montpelier. It was a very hilly, rolling course. I felt strong but know that I did not push as hard as I could have simply b/c of not knowing the course. It will be interested to see what my time was in comparison to the others once results are posted. I had a great run yesterday with 4x4 minute pick-ups. I am really feeling strong at my pick-up pace and am hoping to push that paces this Sunday.
My goal for this race is to stay mentally strong on the run and work the hill section on the bike course. I know that if I stay strong and fast feet on the run I will place well with a good time. Every year that I have done this race I have choked on the run. This year will be different!

No comments: