Thursday, April 22, 2010

Getting educated!

Exciting news. I just registered for the AFAA http://www.afaa.com Personal Training Certification being held locally in May. AFAA was where I first became certified for teaching group exercise when I graduated from college. When I entered the working world I ended up letting my certifications expire (mucho dinero$$$$$) which limited me to teaching and training only at my direct place of employment. I just recently attended a Pilates workshop by AFAA and loved it. Learning and going to workshops is probably one of my favorite things to do. I even love taking the CPR and First Aid workshops every year. So I am now motivated to continuing learning and splurged on this trainer workshop. I am hoping that it will allow me to reach out to local communities and teach more classes and fitness education. Now it's time to hit the books and start studying!

Training update: Yesterday I completed my 1st brick of the season. Had one planned last week and it never happened. It was tough, my legs were stiff but I warmed up after 5 minutes and squeezed in some pick-ups. I am 6 weeks in and starting to feel confident in my training and motivation.

No comments: